Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a a$$ load of MDF board in my garage and deided to finnaly put it to use. I need some feedback on wether I should remove my spare tire and put my amp down there with some plexiglass covering the whole or build the amp rack in the actuall trunk space???

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
that would look good man just hope u dont get a flat tire

·
Registered
485 Posts
It's partially gonna depend on how much room your box uses up. Like in my trunk, there was no room to make an amp rack because of how big my box needed to be to be built to spec. That's why my amps are gonna be flush mounted in the back of the back seats.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got a couple guys in my car club that have measured everything out and are gonna be there Saturday to lend a hand. I'll post the progress pics on monday. We should have all the wood cut and installed wit the system also hooked up. The vinyl might be a couple more weeks as I have not decided what color or colors to go with. Its gonna look sweet though!!! I got a really big car show to go to in March so I gotta get it on point before then.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I got a really big car show to go to in March so I gotta get it on point before then.
What car show? I'm gonna be driving down for Spring Break Nationals in Daytona Beach the last weekend of March

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spring Fling in Panama CIty Beach. Like march 8th and 9th. You can check out the show site at springflingcarshow.com

·
Registered
768 Posts
I have never been a fan of taking my tire out but love the idea of it. If my car was all show or if it was trailered around then I would do it with out a thought. It really depends on you. Either way I'll probably like it.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It dosent bother me too much. I got free roadside assisstance so if anything happens, I can hve it towed to a shop to get a new tire. I drive 18 miles to work each day so its not too far, I'll take my chances hahaha

M

·
0 Posts
then go for it. I'd love to do that but like I said...just can't bring myself to do it. lol
same here, i thought it owuld be cool to mount a sub in that area, and make its bandpass enclosure on top of it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.