Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i was atempting to take the silencer from
my stock airbox out of my car and only got the front bolt out and the rear clip broke but i cant get it out so i unbolted a bolt from the inside near the side of the bumper off and it had a plastic piece conected to it. i couldnt get the silencer out still so i put everything back together. im pretty sure im missing 2 clips and 2 bolts to that plastic piece to hold the bumper tight. i can pull my bumper from
the corner of the headlight and it looks like this

where do i buy the clips and or bolts so its secured properly. i looked on my driver side and the top has the bolt and little clip you screw the bolt into. the same thing that holds the bottom 2 bolts of the headlight bracket in place

who can help??

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Three options: first is to go get them from the dealer. Second is to check local salvage yards. Third is to check parts stores, check the other side to see what you need to buy.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah.
im prettty sure they are the same pieces as the headlight bracket pieces. which is number 3 and 4 in this picture. but can anyone confirm this

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
You're not missing anything. The bracket is there. I believe I can see it.

The bumper will just snap back in place. There are 2 bolts that hold that "clip/bracket" in place.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
well there was only one bolt holding that piec in. i unbolted it last night and i bolted it back in. ot was a further down bolt.i think i need one bolt and a clip. i looked on the driver side and theres a bolt and clip there where it isnt on the passanger side. so i think thats all i need. but just need to confirm it

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
The best thing to do is takeoff one bolt and clip from each headlight bracket and use those. They're the same

/thread

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah. but that is all i need correct??

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

could even possibly ziptie it!?
never thought of that!!! as long. its tight i may do that.
or just buy a bolt and a clip for about 3 bux from gmpd
how much do u think gm would charge me

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
u think if i go to chevy they will rip me off insane for them
or nah?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
15 dollars including shipping for 3 dollars in clips from GMPD
so gm will be more????????

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
nah man everything is there dude, i can see the bracket myself, its bolted to the fender. if i remember correctly from when i was doing my bumperswap, your gonna have to install the bracket on the bumper and then bolt it up to the fender.

there are no clips on that bracket at alll

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tyeah there is 2 sets of the clips and bolts. i need 1 clip and one bolt hold it to the bumper. because i loosened it the one set when i took it off to see if it loosened the bumper any bit so i could get the silencer off.
i looked on my driver side well thru the healight since i didnt unbolt it and that clip and bolt is right on the top which is isnt on my passanger side. theres only a bolt and clip holding that bracket on which is on the bottom of the bracket. i need a clip and bolt to hold the top of the bracket to the fender

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
before i went and bought bolts and clips, id take the wheel liner out and look at it thru the wheel well. cause im almost 100% sure there isnt any clips where the fender and bumper meet, on my car alll it was was a bracket and a a couple of bolts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
yeah maby thats what im refering to.a bracket. the piece that you screw the bolt into. because on that long bracket piece that holds the fender thats in the picture its held in by the piece w.e its called in the headlight diagram. its a 10 mm bolt that screws into a small silver piece. thats what im missing if im correct. because as of now there is only one holding that piece in and i need another one for the top bc i can see on my driver side the piece on the top since i cant pull my fender out like i can on the driver side.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.