Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is my first post. I recently bought a 09 Cobalt LS sedan with 50k miles. The front bumper cover is somewhat warped at the lip where the bottom of the headlights are supposed to rest, and I need to replace it so that the headlights don't point too far down to be effective.

My question is, are the bumper covers for all Cobalt years interchangeable? I've seen a bunch online that claim that you can use them on any Cobalt from the years 05-10 but I find it hard to believe that they'd all be totally identical. I'm trying not to spend an arm and a leg on this, aka I don't want to go to a chevy dealership or pay $100 for shipping alone.

This is the one that I am mainly interested in, but while the description says it fits my 09, the Amazon Garage feature says it isn't compatible:

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Chevrolet-Cobalt-Partslink-GM1000733/dp/B004GCBWLE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1532375625&sr=8-1&keywords=GM1000733

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Yes, they are interchangeable. Aside from some visual differences between the trims (and whether or not you have fog lights), all the mounting points are the same.

The SS bumpers clearly look the most different, some of the non-SS trims have molded-in lower grilles (like the one you posted), and others have black grill inserts (like my Cobalt has). They all mount the exact same way though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.