Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I just got a 2010 Cobalt LT on monday, and already i have noticed a problem.. The bumper sticks over top of the headlights, all the cobalts at the dealership have problems with gaps or overlapping of the bumper on the headlights.. I dunno if its a 2010 defect or not, but every previous year cobalt(and other clones) dont have this problem. The dealership told me there was nothing they could do, and it was probly due to the weather, I HIGHLY dissagree! The supervisor at the service center told me its because the heat and it being a plastic bumper..

Anyone have an idea?

Ill take some pictures tomorrow to show everyone exactly what i mean is wrong with mine, and hopefully pictures of the other ones at the dealership

·
Registered
489 Posts
It happens to all the "Entryline" Gm cars! My Sunfire was the same way!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
yeah a lot of times the foam piece under the bumper cover needs to be modified. i took mine out completely and reinforced the bumper tabs on the impact bar with a couple of self tapping screws. cant see in there anyway :p

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yea, i just bought my LT a little over a month ago and mine has the same exact problem... i have an appointment to have it fixed this week along with a few other gap issues (my trunk lid is almost touching on one side and I can almost fit my entire hand in the other)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya the guy at GM that sold me the car showed me a bunch of defects on the 2010 Cobalt SS they have on their show room floor, im not too impressed about this buy!! I maybe shoulda stayed with the 05 SRT4.

Im going in tomorrow to see what they will do for me, cuz im starting to think i might just change cars... this thing is already seeming to become a PITA!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha OH YA! but im paying $500 a month for insurance on the balt.. the srt was ALOT more.. thats the only reason.. and i wasnt going swap everything from my srt to my 01 neon (too much work, and the 01 body was starting to rust) so i just decided to buy a new cheap car.. didnt think it was this 'cheap' lol.. kia makes better cars:p jk.. well kinda

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
ya mine has a slight gap between the light and the bumper...

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
haha OH YA! but im paying $500 a month for insurance on the balt.. the srt was ALOT more.. thats the only reason.. and i wasnt going swap everything from my srt to my 01 neon (too much work, and the 01 body was starting to rust) so i just decided to buy a new cheap car.. didnt think it was this 'cheap' lol.. kia makes better cars:p jk.. well kinda
$500 a month? for car insurance. oh and yea my balt's left front fender stuck out a 1/4 further than the door the day I bought the car, they fixed it befor i drove off the lot.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ya... lol

Getting caught racing on the road isnt the best thing:p Ive stop since then, and joined a track so that I can still have fun w/o the tickets lol

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
ya... lol

Getting caught racing on the road isnt the best thing:p Ive stop since then, and joined a track so that I can still have fun w/o the tickets lol
That explains it. Between Canada's communist setup for insurance and Ontario's "Street Racing" laws... yep.

·
Registered
156 Posts
sweet jesus thats a lot of money... I pay $420 every 6 months... even with a bad record you could probably find cheaper insurance, id shop around

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
sweet jesus thats a lot of money... I pay $420 every 6 months... even with a bad record you could probably find cheaper insurance, id shop around
He's Canadian. They don't have much in the way of options for "Shopping around".

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.