Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yea this thread isn't totally necessary but I wanted to make it.

I bought a SS bumper from CL and it seemed to be missing things (look at pictures below)

Ya it's totally missing the crossbar, but I didn't care it still has the rest, and it was $60. So I purchased the chrome cobalt grille which I thought would fit fine since you have to delete the crossbar. It will work! (Look at picture below)

Didn't put the chrome part on because it was being a PITA and we were losing light,but it definitely fit good! Fog lights are on order and licence relocation kit I will order tomorrow. Was thinking of doing OEM harness install for fogs but I don't think I will go that route anymore so doing aftermarket (still gotta double check how). My trim with fog will be shipping tomorrow too woohoo.

Day 123121:
Added the foglights, ran independent switch to them, i just gotta remember to never leave them on when i turn off the car or ill be in for a rude surprise. I didnt mount the switch anywhere i left it in the little cubby to the left of steering wheel because i still want to do OEM wiring

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
kinda funny how this all worked out..... you needed one with the crossbar and got one without, i needed one without and got one with.....
Im starting to lean more towards aftermarket install for fogs instead of OEM wiring too.... i don't have access to a tech-II and i remember reading something about it needing to be activated in the bcm..

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I read that also, don't know what's the truth! I would tell you to keep the one with the cross beam and put the TC grille but then it looks like a cobalt lol

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i is, when it comes around, i'm dying to get it painted, waiting on a quote from a friend. running around looking like a cheapo for now lol, but it still looks better than the base as hell bumper

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I would think it would be easier to paint off the car.

Yes, you do need to enable fogs in "BCM" if you go with OEM installation.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mind shipping it my way? lol and yea its gonna go off before its painted, i still got my base bumper at my friends house, and it wont take so long to install next time lol

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Yea I read that also, don't know what's the truth! I would tell you to keep the one with the cross beam and put the TC grille but then it looks like a cobalt lol
Ive been thinking of doing something sort of along those lines, just modifying the crossbar slightly so i can put a pontiac emblem on it instead of a bowtie without it looking terrible.... i guess if it looks bad i just pull out the dremel and cut the crossbar off.... Can't have my G5 looking like a cobalt..........

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think thats what the seller of mine was trying to do (make it fit his G5) because he mentioned he has one. Be wary because once you cut that beam its over

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
So...... when you get your SS/TC grill you are gonna send me your stock one for free right? then i can see what i can do to make it look right......

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
looooooolll = nooooooo

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Lol I know I'll probably take it off to wire fogs, they will be here next week, thanks

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
$60

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

What ^he said. I did factory fogs. The programming doesn't take long. If you could find someone who has access to a GM tech 2, that would be your cheapest bet.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yea i'm always looking for someone with a tech2, but for now ill do a aftermarket switch until i get whats needed

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
$60

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Yea i'm always looking for someone with a tech2, but for now ill do a aftermarket switch until i get whats needed
60$?...

from a junkyard or?

My gawd every bumper here is over 300$

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I found one for 175 here, almost perfect condition, just had a little 4 inch rub on the front

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it was a seller on craigslist, hence why the crossbeam is off im guessing he was trying to put in on his G5 and failed

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.