Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Have searched all over the site for others with the same question and found a few that are close but not the same as what i'm experiencing.

So my '06 LS 2.2 has ~85,000mi. I am burning through about a full quart every 1,500mi, to me that's way too much. No visible leaks, don't notice any smoke out the exhaust, oil color is normal, no water noticed in oil changes.

The only engine mechanical problem I've noticed is a very rough idle upon cold starts. Car is driven an average of 20 minute, each way, commute weekdays.

I did see someone post about checking the PCV, but not sure how?

Don't have much money right now to do anything major.

My compression gage broke, but I can get a new one if that's what needs to be done.
Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll get one and test it asap.
Also forgot to mention, but the fuel economy is still averaging 30-32, and this is mountain driving. Don't know if that makes a difference.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Did you check the interior of you air inlet to see if there was oil laying in there.

·
Registered
563 Posts
check intake for oil. could be pcv issues

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If your car almost dies when you come to a stop, that's because of a dirty throttle body. If you have oil in the intake run a pipe cleaner in the PCV spigot.

·
Registered
563 Posts
yes. dont just clean tb because pcv will keep fouling the intake

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you check the interior of you air inlet to see if there was oil laying in there.
Was just able to check, and sure enough there IS oil in the plastic intake housing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
...If you have oil in the intake run a pipe cleaner in the PCV spigot.
So I'm not quite sure what this means, but I guess I would run the pipe cleaner directly into the PCV. Is this what you mean by "spigot"?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.