Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I have 06 chevy cobalt SS/SC with stock rims. When I purchased my car used it had 225/40ZR/18 90W sunfull tires one directional tread. I recently busted my rim and tire on a mango sized rock on the free way. Well I found a used rim for 220 bucks, but I can't find a used tire with these specs in my area. I only need the tire for a few more months before I go to korea. I noticed that that for my rims the tires that are supposed to be on are 215/35ZR/18 Is this bad to have the other tires on the rims. What is the pros and cons to having a different size tire then manufacture requested tires. Should I still try to find a tire size of what is on my car currently. Right now I am running on a donut which can do some damage if I don't fix it soon. Please help thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Unless youare going to let family or a friend drive the car while youare gone, I would just get a pair of used tires similar similar to what you have on it now, they are somewhat comon tires.

Where are you located?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am in the army and I have orders for Korea. The reason I don't get steelies is cause I pay for a nice car and I would like to drive a nice car. No one is going to be able to drive my car so i am going to put into storage while I am gone and drop a couple of grand on my car when i get back. Just I don't know if the differences between the tires sizes if they can actually do more damage then help.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

I am located on ft. lewis right now.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
As long as the height is the same on the same axle, no harm should occur. Depending on how long you will be gone, if youare leaving within 4 months, just get used tires. No sense in spending big money for something that will dry rot from lack of use anyway.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah that was my plan, its just a pain trying to find them. I called 20 stores and one person had the size as my other tires, the problem though was it was defective and firestone wouldn't put it on. They said it was a safety hazard and a liability. Any Ideas on where I can get a used one. So far I am not having any luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not a clue, I wish I did but I know I need to get out of the state. These roads are horrible.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

he's going to disney world!

pfft. I wish I was going to Disney world.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.