Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an 06 ls 2.2 5speed. Ran over some kind of metal debris on the way home from school and it put like an 1" in diameter hole in my oil pan. About 90% sure thats all the damage that was done. Lucky I smelled the oil and pulled over before it leaked all out. Thankfully.

Anyone have a part number for this oil pan? Just got sent to shop, I have full coverage but $1000 deductible so I doubt they're going to fix it so Im sure Ill have to do it all myself. If anyone has a spare or any information on how easy/hard et cetera. Please help me out and let me know. Thanks in advance people, this is my daily driver so I have to get it fixed a.s.a.p. Im looking for one but I dont want to purchase one that wont fit.. found this:

2.2 GM '06 Ecotec Oil Pan, NICE, Cast # 12578194, $AVE> | eBay

just found on another forum that GM PN should be 12578193? part number for ebay listing above is 12578194? Difference???
but I want to confirm its correct before i purchase.

·
Registered
924 Posts
The engine is a L61.

This pan is from gm parts direct for $113.44

I don't think you should worry about the part number, it should fit fine.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have an 2006 LS and ran over something that put a gash (not a hole) in my oil pan. I jacked my car up, cleaned the oil that was dripping out, drained my oil, scuffed oil pan and used JB weld to seal crack. Its been 3 years now and not any problems with it. Took about a day to cure.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately for me, i have a hole in mine. Like i can stick two fingers up in there. Need to develop an aftermarket billet/sheetmetal/or steel skid plate for these cars. The cast aluminum oil pan is way too vulnerable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.