Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welcome to my build page where I will show (most likely) slow upgrades through out my ownership.

I purchased a 2009 Summit White Chevrolet Cobalt Lt 4 Door 2.2L Automatic with 80k miles on it. Pretty excellent shape except one small dent on the front fender which I will be fixing at some point. I have owned all trucks my entire life so I will be using this forum quite a bit as this is a new beast for me.

Exterior Mods
- De-badged
- De-trimmed
- front license plate bracket removed
- 15% tint all around
- Cool white LED License Plate Light

Interior Mods
- Cool White LED Dome light

Performance Mods
- None.......yet.

The first day I brought her home:

Currently:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
First set of business, within the first 2 hours of having her home, I de-badged this girl. Making her clean and smooth. still thinking of de-trimming her too but not quite sure how I feel about that yet.

before:

after:

decided to go buy some plasti-dip and paint the stock rims until I can afford powdercoating. Doesn't look too bad for stock rims though. I got an appointment tomorrow for tire rotations so hopefully they don't scratch the piss out of it and ruin my work.

still thinking about de-trimming? Opinions?

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
With very little changes and not a lot of money spent, your car looks very nice now. Maybe you should have kept the rear bowtie and blackened that out too to match the front. I know you can't see both at the same time but just my opinion. You could just tack it on to see I Imagine.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Whats wrong with the trim? I still have mine and I will say it has protected my car a couple of times from ppl opening my passenger door and hitting stuff with it.
This is why

From this

To this

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Whats wrong with the trim? I still have mine and I will say it has protected my car a couple of times from ppl opening my passenger door and hitting stuff with it.
Im not much of a fan of trim. it looks good on some trucks, but for me... not on cars.
plus, If someones gonna hit my car with stuff .... the trim aint really gonna matter. even if it dents or scratches... I can fix that in less than an hour, but with the 5 vehicles ive owned... ive never been hit with anything. but it is what it is... just a preference. you like it on yours and I don't like it on mine.

anyways.... my next plan is to hopefully tint them sometime soon, but may be as late as Christmas or even tax return time. got some other obligations. maybe tax return, ill even look into new tires and wheels.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
This is why

From this

To this
well said sir!

---------- Post added at 06:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 AM ----------

What about suspension mods?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Decided to try and plasti dip some eyelids on her. Deciding wether or not to get vinyl ones. opinions? Im not too sure myself but like that its different. I got to trim the right one a little cause I think its a little too rounded compared to the left side.

Next project will be blacking out the tail lights or possibly blacking out my hood completely.

Before:

After:

Front View:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
removed the eyelids. I felt like it was taking a bit of my distance away on visibility. I will just have to buy some new headlights.

So, until my father (who is a police officer) says anything about my tail lights being too dark... they will stay until I can find some dark smoke LED ones.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
removed the eyelids. I felt like it was taking a bit of my distance away on visibility. I will just have to buy some new headlights.

So, until my father (who is a police officer) says anything about my tail lights being too dark... they will stay until I can find some dark smoke LED ones.
Lol tell him to arrest you if he doesn't like it!! I actually like the eyelids on there. I think it makes it look clean

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.