Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an '06 Balt LT Sedan bought used. It has a little over 40,000 miles on it. I have not been happy with the ride quality for a while even with new tires but I'm thinking maybe something is wrong with it somewhere the dealer can't or won't find.

Before I take it to an independent shop I am now thinking of just trading it in on a new one.
GM just sent me a boost to my GM Card Earnings to $3000 plus I believe theres an extra $1000 owner loyalty cash as well.
Pro-great deal on the car! I'm hoping to just have to pay $2500-3000 including all the cash backs plus my trade in.
Pro-Warranty once more and for 5 years.
Con-they haven't really upgraded the car, especially the interior. I was hoping for more comfortable seats and a telescoping steering wheel. Maybe the leather seats are more comfortable?
Con-resale value will suck when the Cruze comes out.

So, not sure what to do. If you guys had a chance to buy your Cobalt again would you? And should I even consider the HHR?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I currently have an '06 Balt LT Sedan bought used. It has a little over 40,000 miles on it. I have not been happy with the ride quality for a while even with new tires but I'm thinking maybe something is wrong with it somewhere the dealer can't or won't find.

Before I take it to an independent shop I am now thinking of just trading it in on a new one.
GM just sent me a boost to my GM Card Earnings to $3000 plus I believe theres an extra $1000 owner loyalty cash as well.
Pro-great deal on the car! I'm hoping to just have to pay $2500-3000 including all the cash backs plus my trade in.
Pro-Warranty once more and for 5 years.
Con-they haven't really upgraded the car, especially the interior. I was hoping for more comfortable seats and a telescoping steering wheel. Maybe the leather seats are more comfortable?
Con-resale value will suck when the Cruze comes out.

So, not sure what to do. If you guys had a chance to buy your Cobalt again would you? And should I even consider the HHR?
no offense, the cobalt is a fantastic economy car for rental companies to use, as a sportscar, Chevy kinda chintzd out on the entire aspect of it.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I test drove a Cobalt LT1 Sedan with ebony interior and a Cobalt LT2 Sedan with grey interior today.
Impressions-
The LT1 with the 15 inch tires seemed to ride smoother than the LT2 with 16 inch tires, especially on the freeway.
I didn't like the ebony interior because it somehow managed to look even cheaper than the grey interior, which I have now.
I noticed they placed a cheesy cheap looking boot around the A/T shifter and it shifted with the same notchy cheap feel of my Balt. Too bad.
I wasn't really impressed with either one, I thought after 3 years they would have come up with a way to improve the car but except for the steering, which felt tighter than mine, the car actually seemed to feel cheaper than my '06.
Kinda dessapointed. I think I will test drive an Astra next week and maybe the Ford Fusion, although I'm sure it would cost me a lot more than the Cobalt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.