Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a problem with when you push the accelerator you hear a buzzing noise coming from the engine

...07cobalt...

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Probably a loose piece. Have someone rev the engine and you look under the hood for the noise. My engine cover posts vibrate from time to time. Now that we are talking about it I've been wanting to take those off, thanks for posting!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
buzzing from the engine or from the speakers?
I've had this in other cars!

The two posts are in the middle front just to the right of your TB and top left of the engine if you are facing the engine bay. This would only be true if you have your engine covers off though.

Also could be your header or down pipe rattling against the sway bar. Seen that before in the balt.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Could be your flex pipe. Mine is fine until I accelerate and then i get almost a buzzing sound that seems like its coming from behind the glove compartment. Put it on my hoist and still hear nothing unless someone presses on the fuel.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I left mine alone. I work on cars everyday so I know the headache involved in changing the dp after 7 canadian winters.

You can buy just the flex pipe piece. You cut out the old one and then weld in the new one. You can also buy a new downpipe because the flex pipe will come with it.

Guys will tell you its time to upgrade to a performance dp with a high flow cat but i have a friend who ordered a zzp dp and he's had a major drop in mpg and cel is always on so I stay away from highflow cats. Its up to you. Buying the whole dp from any regular parts supplier is probably the easiest way to go

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
If you get the high flow cat you need to get the car tuned, no way around it. Thats probably why he got terrible milage because he was running it on limp mode. I still have the problem from time to time becuase I have the long tube header and when I start at low rpm's the end of the tube vibrates and hits the 24 mm sway bar. That just means I need to rev it up at launch!!!

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

oh, and do you not see the problem being on a gm forum with you avitar as a ford product? Shame on you!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I see no problem, as I love cobalts and mustangs.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Not if the flex pipe is your issue. The buzzing should be gone.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

dont have to change the manifold, just the dp

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
^x2 if that is the issue. We are just kicking the can around here.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When going with the zzp header and downpipe combo what should i get with it?

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Like the options are off road downpipe or with spun metal cat downpipe and 2.5 inch gasket
for catback and should i keep my stock cat?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
i'd just keep your old cat. At least here in canada you'd get about $60 at a metal recycling place.

Get one with the spun cat, much quieter and you'll pass emissions. Most ppl say to just order gaskets from your local parts place.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
i guess it depends on the price they'll give you

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.