Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that may not know this...there is a filter for the AC and heated air coming into the Cobalt's interior. Even though I only have <8500 miles and have owned the car for < 2 years I changed mine out and found the filter was already pretty dirty!

The filter is found inside where the glove box is. In order to get to it you have to disconnect the glove box's stretch cord -- it is held in by a plastic clip on the right side -- move the plastic clip back towards the rear of the car and it will "unsnap", then just move it back enough to release it through the hole. Then squeeze in the sides of the glove box where the 2 rubber bumpers are to allow the glove box to open fully (empty the glove box first). Look inside the glove box opening and you will see a long thin cover with 3 snap clips on it -- pop the clips loose at the top and the cover folds down to reveal the filter. It pulls straight out to the rear and the new one goes in a little tight. Reassemble by doing everything above in reverse.

When you get a look at your filter just think of all the stuff in it that didn't get into your car -- you could have been breathing it!!!

·
Registered
750 Posts
I really need to change mine out. I have been meaning to but keep forgetting and I have about 50k on my balt

·
Registered
310 Posts
MAN this could have been useful to me a week ago. i went into the dealership because i had poor air flow, did test and found filter was bad. replaced it and charged me 90 bucks. at the time it wasn't that bad for me but now i know. THANK YOU!!! i'll keep this in mind next time.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
I really need to change mine out. I have been meaning to but keep forgetting and I have about 50k on my balt
X2 just hit 5,000 finally LOL!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.