Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cai

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  bshep20 
#1 · (Edited)
I just had the K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake put in my 2.2 ls this weekend and they left the piece of tubing from the stock intake in that comes up from behind the fender into the stock air box, it doesn't appear to be hurting anything, actually funneling air from underneath into the filter of the intake, but i was wondering if it would do me any good to remove that as well, or just leave it there?

Also, when the car hasn't run for awhile and i start it up after having the SRI installed, it has a real rough idle until i hit the gas a bit, then it evens out, before it seems like its going to stall. Is that normal for SRI systems to do that??

#2 ·
I have the K&N air intake installed as well actually,anything that was to the stock air intake was taken out,I didn't want to leave anything from the stock with the new intake system honestly.So I have no problems at all with it being installed

#6 ·
check and make sure your sensors are tight. As for the fender well, that for the CAI. They bring up air thats a lil closer to the ground. Will this do anything, no mostly not. Its actually not even all that heavy. reason why they prob left it in there is that they prob either didnt wanna take off the front bumper to take it off .

#7 ·
Correct ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.