Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a difference between the fuel filter I need for a normal Chevy cobalt and a Chevy cobalt with a California emissions. Because I own a 08 Cobalt lt. And the fuel filter is inside the engine and I cant find a different fuel filter for one made for a California emissions. So I'm wondering is there a difference in the fuel filters or are they just the same thing just that the California is in the tank? And if so could someone link me one or like give me a part number for one? Sorry not sure if that made sense thank you for anyone that helps.

·
Registered
633 Posts
There is in fact a specific filter for the PZEV vehicles, which you may have. The best way to make sure what you have is to go to the dealership. Get with the parts department and they will easily identify the correct filter for your car. They’ll ask for the VIN. You can just ask for the part number to be printed out for you and do not have to purchase the part from them. You can always go match the correct part with on at the auto parts store or online and save the money. I see the PZEV filters are fairly expensive anyway, but I’m sure there’s an option to get one less inexpensive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts