Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my car has the cali emmisions secondary vacume. because of this i cant to cold air intakes....im fine with that. my question, what else does this take away? im planing to throw in the 2.4 intake manifold and the 4-2-1 racing header...however i dont wanna buy these parts if i cant throw them on..anybody have a clue on this?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im wondering if i could use trifecta to get around it. but if not, wanna know what i can do performance-wise with it functioning

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
so my car has the cali emmisions secondary vacume. because of this i cant to cold air intakes....im fine with that. my question, what else does this take away? im planing to throw in the 2.4 intake manifold and the 4-2-1 racing header...however i dont wanna buy these parts if i cant throw them on..anybody have a clue on this?
Even tho you have SAI (Secondary Air Injection) you can still install a Cold air intake. All you have to do is put a mini filter in the end of the SAI tube. I have SAI and I've installed and Injen CIA.

You can still install the 2.4 manifold with no issues.

In order to install the header you have 2 options.

Install the header and just leave the SAI disconnected, ( you will throw a CEL tho)

Or install the header and have the SAI flashed out by your local GM dealer or have Trifecta tune it out.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

what does secondary air injection look like. How do you know if you have it?
I just looked at your pics on FB, you do not have SAI.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a hose that comes off the top of your stock air box

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thankyou XFE

·
Registered
9 Posts
You could get the K&N intake. I know it is a SRI but it would kook up to the SAI with no codes or problems. It comes with a CARB sticker to put under then hood for emissions and should be perfectly legal in cali as long as you put the sticker under the hood. The sticker has some CARB numbers letting them know that it is approved for use in cali.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.