Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
My calipers have the classic rust look. What can I use to clean em up some? I would like to paint them but I dont have enough knowledge to take them off to be painted, lol, so what other options do I have?
Leave them on and paint them! Just mask everything around.
Thats what I do and A LOT of people do.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Their really not that hard to paint :
1)Remove the lower bolt and pull the Caliper up,
2)Mask everything off that you wouldnt want the overspray to get on.
3)Spray paint them with high temp caliper or engine enamel.
4) Let dry and put calper back on.
5) Enjoy the new look.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 3000 lb hydraulic pump lift, that would be enough to hold up each corner and spray each caliper individually wouldnt it? whats the idea drying time? and what did you use to mask the car off? just newspaper? I guess I will paint them black, since the car and rims are black.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I kinda have the same style and colors as your rims and painted mine black too. I masked everything off with old newspapers and plastic shopping bags worked even better. My paint dried within an hour. Took it for a good drive with some heavy brakin so the pads would heat up and dry faster. Not a hard mod at all.

·
Registered
547 Posts
You can use the Dupli Color caliper paint kit. That is what I used on my calipers. The kit will have everything you need to do the job. Just take off the wheels, mask off everything you don't want to paint and go to town.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.