Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to paint my rotors and drums... and looking to paint my bowtie too. now i am wanting to use yellow but the shade of yellow at the store is a little to light. so should i really use something like that or if i used regular metal paint that is rated up to 200 degrees versus caliper paint at 500 degress? how hot will they really get?

·
Registered
768 Posts
It all depends on how far, long you drive how much you use your brakes and how hard you brake. I'd definatly stick with engine or caliper paint, All others will fade, chip, or crack a LOT faster when heated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Calipers can get up over 500 degrees. I painted the calipers red on my other car. I used high temp Red Devil (about $12.00 a can), it is rated for 1200 degrees. Did that four years ago, and the calipers still look like the day I painted them, when they are clean anyway.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i got 2 cans of rusto grill paint which is good up to 1200 degree's but it think it is a flat finsh so i am debating to get the caliper paint for the gloss finsh

·
Registered
162 Posts
i got 2 cans of rusto grill paint which is good up to 1200 degree's but it think it is a flat finsh so i am debating to get the caliper paint for the gloss finsh
could just use a high temp clear coat.

·
Registered
78 Posts
yea i'm gonna try to do one drum today after work then another tomm. since i dont have jack stands :(

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I did my friends calipers and drums ..he got the paint from autozone and he used the engine or caliper paint and it seems to be holind quiet well

·
Registered
78 Posts
yea they carry dupi color, but i wanna try to get my drums and capilers white.. and they only have silver. so i figure i'll try this white then VHT makes a highheat gloss to top it off.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
i have a silver car...i wanna paint my calipers when i get rims but not sure what color

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.