Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have qestion concerning the quality of the lens on the Gen 4 projos.

Besides Blazerlow has had spider/expansion cracks does any other owner have the same problem?

I am very interested in these, but poor lens like Gen3s and 2s are a TOTAL turn off.

I know you can transfer your stock lens onto it, but I see that it damages the cutoff ALOT, that and I don't feel like playing with the stock ones, if I ever need them quick.

any input would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
umm anyone?!?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea mine are starting to do that expansion cracks..kinda pissing me off lol
awww.w.... sh*t and I saw a few other on css that have the same problem damn crap they are so nice though....

thanks for the reply

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
gen 4 also do not have halo rings i found that out last night so idno how i feel about them know but check out the sticky thread in exterior/interior styling section there is a good picture of them from my buddies balt

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the reply,

but I would be more ineterested in if your buddy's headlights are stress cracking or not?

Could you ask him?

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
I'm glad they don't have the halo rings, that's part of why I bought them.

and I did not notice that my stock lenses affect the cut off.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm glad they don't have the halo rings, that's part of why I bought them.

and I did not notice that my stock lenses affect the cut off.
I know, I think gen 4s are the best looking headlights for the cobalt BY FAR. I don't mind switching the lens off the OEM (hands on sort of person), but I need to buy another set (keeping a set of OEM for emergencies), which really becomes too expensive of a total.

No Problems With My Gen 4's * Knocks on wood*
How long have you had them for? Are you running HIDs?

It's not hard to swap lenses if you get a good set. just takes some time.
yeah I know, but it's getting a good set that's the problem. I mean I was hoping for find a recently wrecked balt, even with broken attachement it's fine, but with pristine lens, that would be awesome. I just can't find it for a cheap price.

anyways still looking/considering the gen 4s

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Dude. Just retrofit a pair of projectors into your headlights. The quality of the gen 4's will not compare to retrofits. Spend a little more and do it if you're not convinced about the gen 4/s.

theretrofitsource.com

/thread.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
I found a set of stock headlights for sale here on YC and used them for lenses. So now I also have a back up set of OEM's as well.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dude. Just retrofit a pair of projectors into your headlights. The quality of the gen 4's will not compare to retrofits. Spend a little more and do it if you're not convinced about the gen 4/s.

theretrofitsource.com

/thread.
That's good setup and I know it, it's just that if I buy some D2s+bulb+set of OE headlights to modify it comes pretty expensive for a whole lotta work.

had mine for about half a year now. gotta order HIDS in a couple weeks since i just paid for my Girlfriends New Tattoo as a Birthday Gift to her

Wow that's pretty long actually, I've read that people get cracks in as little as a week or two.

Tat for birthday gift? Wow that's hot... :p was it your name? :-D Less of course, you both already have complete sets of sleeves!

I found a set of stock headlights for sale here on YC and used them for lenses. So now I also have a back up set of OEM's as well.
Darn it, that's what I wanted to do!!!! Can't find cheapo OEMs [email protected]!!!.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
that's a good price, I don't think that sale is gonna go through I just realized that the seller posted that a week ago with no activity.

oh well...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.