Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would a camber look stupid on a cobalt? or could a cobalt pull it off? just looking for some feedback and maybe thinking about dumping some money into it if it would look good.

Thanks.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive never seen a cobalt with camber before to, so it would be something different but im not quite sure how it would look lol

·
Registered
5,481 Posts

I saw a ballin Lexus at the races that had similar camber, that looked kinda cool!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I'm not extremely familiar with this trend...so do you replace the tires every 10k miles or only set it like this when you're parked?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Yes, both. Apparently its the new cool think and they sit like that always. what a waste of time IMO. I know people that do like 1 or 2 degree camber for better handling during races but for show, what a waste.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Coilover and camber kit I guess. 1-2k for coilover but I don't know much about camber kit.
+ a lot of money for the tires... because camber kits just destroy the tires.

·
Registered
253 Posts
so it's not really worth it?
In my opinion, if you have the money for it, just get coilover with cambers and your car wil be badass. If I could have around $2000 or more (because you have some body to do) to invest on my car, I'd do it. But it's really hard to get a perfect stance (like the black Balt posted by Masterz)

·
Registered
709 Posts
It looks good on JDM cars, with no abused °. Never seen an American car running some camber, even if most of coilover comes with camber plates, no one really put some noticable camber on, it just don't "work" with the look IMO. And yes you gotta rotate tires often, not even saying that they will need to be stretched to fit into fenders and mostly avoid cops because if you have too much offset it will be illegal. Your call man :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
mostly avoid cops because if you have too much offset it will be illegal.
For this one I'd say it depends of your location... At some place, police are more severe for extreme drop/camber and at other places they won't mind. By exemple, where you live, you'd be copsed after one day but in QC, the police wouldn't care as much as it's not too extreme as you said.

·
Registered
709 Posts
For this one I'd say it depends of your location... At some place, police are more severe for extreme drop/camber and at other places they won't mind. By exemple, where you live, you'd be copsed after one day but in QC, the police wouldn't care as much as it's not too extreme as you said.
Yes, but if your wheels comes out of the fender, it's illegal. If they ask you an inspection you'll fail it. Well that's how it works here in QC. But like you said, it depends on cops "ass hole"" level. You can't run a vibrant catback in Shawinigan without a muffler ticket when here in Trois-Rivières I could run straight pipe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.