Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i am new to the whole system thing, and i just got a really cheap set of 10's of craigslist. work fine except that i believe my amp is draining my battery. only when my car sits for 8 hours or more ( basiclly overnight). i have drove before let it sit for like 4-6 hours and starts no problem. Now here is the tricky part. its a power acoustik amp (model HMR-560-4) i know its an older amp from 1997. so i do not have a system capable of killing my battery from just listening to it when it only has 560 watts max power. and yes i have done the obvious and checked my remote line. i am recieving 0 volts when my car is off and when i start my car and HU i get around 10 volts, so the remote lline of functioning properly. I mean i never heard of an amp just draining somones battery before when its a small ass system like mine.So my real question is can my amp just be total shit because of how old it is and what not? and please no hater comments.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I forgot to mention that I went and got my battery tested and they said it was all good and it just needed a charge

·
Registered
872 Posts
yea but ur battery can be losing life. u should be around 14 volts at startup, 10 is kinda low. how many miles on the car? could be alternator too. if u run ur system consistently while driving it can drain the battery regardless of size of system

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.