Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it looks as if the little DD is turning into quite the budget build...since I'm waiting on the ZZP 2.5" DP to come in I figured I'd ask is it worth going from a ported manifold to the header? Sure I know it'll move the powerband and you'll lose a little low end torque but make it up twice as much in the high end...but are there any places out there that sell a budget header? I've seen the EBay ones for like you know...$80+ $70 shipping...love how they rape you there...but do they fit...and they don't have a 3 bolt flange on them like the factory DP's do...so I'd have to hack up my brand new ZZP DP...and I don't really feel like doing that. So...with that said...what do you guys/gals think?

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Spend the money on a quality header, the low end ones are probably made of cheap metal and overseas so the fitment and durability are in question. A good quality is worth the extra 50-100 bucks you will save on a low end Ebay header

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Recommendations on which header to go with?

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would porting the LSJ net any more benefits or are they pretty well casted from the factory?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.