Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunroof is currently stuck just barely open and wont do anything when I hit button,it happened the first time right before I went on vacation then when I came back I hit the sunroof down button and it closed ... then I pushed my luck today and checked to see what would happen if I tried to open it and it opened just like barely now it wont respond...im hoping that itll go down next time I go to drive it like it did when i came back from vacation but...I need a solid plan because its going to rain at the end of the week...and the rain will definitely be getting into the car if I cant get this sunroof closed

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sunroof is currently stuck just barely open and wont do anything when I hit button,it happened the first time right before I went on vacation then when I came back I hit the sunroof down button and it closed ... then I pushed my luck today and checked to see what would happen if I tried to open it and it opened just like barely now it wont respond...im hoping that itll go down next time I go to drive it like it did when i came back from vacation but...I need a solid plan because its going to rain at the end of the week...and the rain will definitely be getting into the car if I cant get this sunroof closed
if this happens to anyone else you can take the motor out to release tension and the sunroof will go down and stay down

·
Say What again!
6,292 Posts
if this happens to anyone else you can take the motor out to release tension and the sunroof will go down and stay down
Thanks for posting an update for those who might find themselves in a similar situation.

I love a good sunroof, but they come with a number of their own potential problems. Had the front right drain tube plug on our Cruze in December, right at the end of the car wash. Just what I wanted to do in 40 degree temps: blow out a drain tube and dismantle part of the interior.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts