Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive wanted to get this set of headlights ive found and it comes with a kit that is 6000k and im curious what would I have to get it to be like 10,000k or 12,000k or more.? Get those bulbs or what. Because idk what the kit sizes are or the bulb sizes please help

2006 chevy cobalt lt 4dr.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
12K is not more intense than 6000, if anything less visible light. Don't get caught up in the hype stay below 6K, if you want to see where you're going that is.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Stick with 4,300k. Anything above 6,000k will be dimmer than your halogens. Also, it's recommended to retrofit a set of stock headlights instead with projectors. Those aftermarket projector headlights aren't all that great. The Mini H1 projectors are better, but I like my EvoX-Rs with 4,300k Philips 85122 bulbs.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
What they said.

The number is just the temp of the color bulb. I have 6k and they are nice and bright but they are towards the light blue side.

·
Registered
42 Posts
ive had the 12k before, the light output sucks. its more of a purple/blacklight color. made all the road signs and lane stripes glow. if you want to see 4-6k is a good temp to stick with

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.