Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so unless ur really close up u cant tell. but for people who have an lt ss whatever maybe the same thing.. in mine ive got the black plastic with the yellow warped leather...now if u look close u can see most of it is on how it should be but more toawrd the lock its coming off..i look at it it looks like it was cheaply glued on and in some parts broken the glue that harded came undone.

is thier a way to seal it so u can tell its coming off ? cuz its an eye sore and as an onwner its hard to show ur car off or sit in it when u know their is an imperfection !

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i know that camo its why i got it lol i fell in love with the simple things about the car. but do u know if i can just use some sort of car clue or molding to seal that gap up ?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i know but in mind it is luxery when u go from having a 1996 tht was falling aprt and had no air condtion blad tires dents in it a blowin motor and countless 1,000's droped in it...the cobalt is luxery for me lol.

i just want to know if anyone knows how or had to fix this in their car.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes thats what im talking about. ! u think fabric glue will hold ?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
It's worth a try. Otherwise maybe some kind of spray adhesive? You could also remove the handle and try pushing more of the leather underneath to cover it up. I know on mine you can see the edge of the leather b/c the handle isn't covering it up all the way. Hopefully that makes sense, lol.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
li want it to jerk me off. people haveing bad day today or what !

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i think so 2 but still im going to be honest about it that my car shouldnt be doing that already lol..or maybe i didnt notice it till now. but thank you for ur help kitty

·
Registered
674 Posts
Try a little bit of the fabric glue or even an epoxy, just enough to hold it down though. I wouldn't go overboard.

Overall the car is a lot better quality than my wife's 06 Corolla was, or a friend of mines 08 Civic. They look nice, but when you get up on them, you notice 10Xs more imperfections than you do in the Balt/G5

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i was not calling the car cheap just that part of the car lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.