1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I like it.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
With that little bit it will look nice as long as you take your time painting it.. not quite all black interior but here's a pic from when I did mine 4 years ago

Attachments

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
I'm digging it!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to do all the silver trim except what is on the radio as it is non removable.
Maybe I will suddenly stop being single!

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

I'm digging it!
I am glad someone likes it, but I also plan on wet sanding it and polishing and waxing it for that classy look

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
I am going to do all the silver trim except what is on the radio as it is non removable.
Maybe I will suddenly stop being single!

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

I am glad someone likes it, but I also plan on wet sanding it and polishing and waxing it for that classy look
If you suddenly stop being single, don't expect to keep modding the car as much. :laugh:

Eventually you can go with a double-DIN touchscreen, and that'll get rid of the silver radio face.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Touch screen radio is the way to go for sure. And yeah just make sure you give it a good clear coat then wet sand and polish it. I pulled mine out of the car and polished them up every time I was doing the body of the car, just shined one of the smaller pieces up the other day to see how it's holding up and still looks great

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Touch screen radio is the way to go for sure. And yeah just make sure you give it a good clear coat then wet sand and polish it. I pulled mine out of the car and polished them up every time I was doing the body of the car, just shined one of the smaller pieces up the other day to see how it's holding up and still looks great
I did like 2 light coats of clear and one heavy one to sand down wet and polish. Do you have a polish you recommend?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
As far as something that you can just pick up at the store I've always had pretty good results with mcguiars or however it's spelled

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I've tried just about every brand that I could pick up locally and that's the one that I had consistently good results with across the entire product line. I had good results with the other brands for the most part but seemed like every other brand had at least one product I didn't personally like although people I gave it to loved it so maybe I'm just picky haha

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've tried just about every brand that I could pick up locally and that's the one that I had consistently good results with across the entire product line. I had good results with the other brands for the most part but seemed like every other brand had at least one product I didn't personally like although people I gave it to loved it so maybe I'm just picky haha
I should be able to hand polish without a buffing pad right? It will just take a little longer...

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Either a pad or microfiber cloth but no you don't need an electric buffer. With as small as the trim is I wouldn't even use mine on it anyways. Besides doing it by hand does take longer but I've always got better results anyways by hand

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Not the best picture in the world but this was all by hand and had a perfect mirror reflection everywhere. Just have to be patient, I spent probably 8 hours detailing my car that day haha

Attachments

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Now I just have to learn to drive stick...
That's the easy part, should be able to get the hang of driving it in no time. It will take a lot of practice to get good though, all the more reason you should hold off on performance mods for a while though

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah for sure. I have practiced take-offs in the driveway seeing as i don't get my permit until august 20th

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I had zero instruction before my dad dropped me off on a steep hill in the middle of nowhere with no cell phone in his 92 gmc 1500.. Had a friend pick him up out there and told me he'd see me when I made it home, learned pretty quick haha

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had zero instruction before my dad dropped me off on a steep hill in the middle of nowhere with no cell phone in his 92 gmc 1500.. Had a friend pick him up out there and told me he'd see me when I made it home, learned pretty quick haha
Now that is some good parenting!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I would have to agree, probably the fastest way I could have possibly learned even if I was quite upset with him at the time haha he always made me learn stuff with little to no help

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.