Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my rims in today and i was going to install them myself, but theres one problem...my steelies wont come off. obviously i took off the hub cap and then proceded to loosen the bolts, but they wouldnt budge. both my brother and i tried and all it did was rock the car. is there some kind of trick or what? its pretty frustrating :notrust:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i cant get the lugs off. i tried both front and rear on the left side. cant be rusted because i only have a little over 5000miles on it.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well first step is to go to the gym.. lol j/k But seriously there is no trick to them, just gotta have some muscle!
i do lol but seriously i moved my car more than i moved the lug

·
Registered
122 Posts
reread, its the bolts if you are using a ratchet get a piece of pipe or something to extend it out and get more leverage on it.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok let me clarify a little so everyone understands. our cars come with a jack and tool with our spares. i used the tool provided to attempt to remove the lug nuts/bolts whatever from steelies. i've used a hammer to try to get them to move but it still wont budge. the point i making is that if i get a flat then how am i supposed to change my tire. it seems like a GM manufacturing problem to me.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so i come downstairs to the garage to try it again when i find my dad crouching near my car, removing the steelie. idk how he did it but he got them off and installed my new rims. it was a nice father-son moment lol. sorry about the useless thread guys.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Six point socket. Breaker bar. Cross iron. Popeye after spinach.
Seriously though...did you try stepping on the tire iron. If you do, make sure its on lug perfect to minimize stripping.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Six point socket. Breaker bar. Cross iron. Popeye after spinach.
Seriously though...did you try stepping on the tire iron. If you do, make sure its on lug perfect to minimize stripping.
i already got them off...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.