Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sooooooooo, i went to take my car in for a etest, and once they brought my car back out they said they cant connect to my car because its unplugged or something.... what would cause this to not work? :(

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
OBDII fuse is burnt, I think it is the same as the lighter.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
No, you have one lighter and one accessory outlet. The lighter is the one below the radio.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
If a shop cannot tell you whats the problem and what the solution is, then I would suggest looking for another place to do business with :)

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
well the one below my radio doesn't work, and that one is connected to the trunk, and I changed that fuse and nothing
Wrong, the accessory outlet near the ebrake has the same fuse (20 amp) as trunk release. The one (15 amp) under the radio has the same power as door lock module and OBDII power pin 16.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Wrong, the accessory outlet near the ebrake has the same fuse (20 amp) as trunk release. The one (15 amp) under the radio has the same power as door lock module and OBDII power pin 16.

ok i found that fuse, replaced it and plugged in my car charger to it, and the light comes on so i assume its working? (under the radio) so this means i should have power to my OBDII now?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yup!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
And I'm not even a mechanic, some of my friends are mechanics and call me for help. lol. One rebuilder even hires me to test drive his GMs once he's finished rebuilding them. Sometimes he doesn't like my reports but most times he's happy.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Which code reader did you buy?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The dealer told me they could not communicate with the CPU also. In my case I took it home and put my code reader on it and it did not communicate. Well the plug was attached behind the lower dash plastic plate. I took the connector lose and it hung down and I hooked up my code reader and it did communicate. I put the plug back on the lower part of the dash but had the plug outside the dash base which allowed my code reader to push in farther. No more problem with communication. Sounds simple maybe you will be lucky as I was. Just a thought.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.