Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People,

Cobalt 2010 LT, my speaker if OK, but somehow the speaker terminal (clip??) connector which comes from the door and clips onto the speaker is bad.

The wire is frayed/almost hanging, so nee to buy a new terminal, but geez, cant find one somehow. I bought a "speaker connector" from ebay, but ended up being the FEMALE speaker connector- NOT the male wire terminal one I needed.

Any help appreciated.

---------- Post added at 05:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

This is what I bought by mistake:

IMC AUDIO SPEAKER CONNECTOR HARNESS FOR BUICK CADILLAC CHEVROLET VEHICLES | eBay

Guess they are for someone who wants to rebuild a speaker(?). Useless for my need, as they are the FEMALE connector. Who the heck buys these?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Why don't you take this perfect opportunity to replace the crappy OEM speaker then you would only need to common crimp connectors. Those speakers are going to die on you anyway. I replaced 6 of them last summer that went bad on 4 of my GMs

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure why, but for now, they work, and I know it's short run, but just want to fix right speaker wire terminal. So, thanks for the diagram, but what's the code # for that terminal, or is it even available? cant determine by your diagram- seems the "male" terminal is shown, but no code associated with it(?).

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, got the connector just today, and wired it up and now speaker doesnt even speak anything. Sheesh. So, lets say perhaps it's not the speaker, but the WIRE. How could I trace that wire back to the radio? Crawl upside down and follow the greenish 2 wires? Hard to do? How about putting an Ohm meter on those 2 wires at the door hole- could an ohmmeter ohm out the right amount of ohms with radio on?

Thanks

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
I'd almost assume the factory speaker has gone bad.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Connect a good speaker to the door wires and I'm 99% positive it will work. OEM speakers are worst than crap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.