Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 lt 4dr blows headlights out rather often i purchaced a set of nokya's and within a cpl months they blew a low beam...and any set i have bought after that has done the same. My husband was running the same headlights in his car but they lasted for 3yrs and may still be runnin them but not sure since we sold his car around the first of the year! Any ideas? Its getting very frustrating.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Don't drive at night!
Kidding..
Maybe an electrical issue, some positive and negative wires hitting together, causing them to short and blow up.
Check the wires around your housing

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Low beams are always on with DRL. Your DRL voltage is probably to high. One cause could be your DRL wire loop. Check along the backside of the radiator support. You will see an armoured harness there, check to see if it is melted. If it is chances are the wire loop has shorted and giving a higher than planned low beam voltage. Mine burnt and I replaced it with resistors. I have no problems with premature bulb burning now.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
damn coby...
I learn something new everyday.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
damn coby...
I learn something new everyday.
Stick around and I have forgotten a lot.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

I first replaced the loop with a seperate loop but a month later realized it was also running to hot so I then went to 2 25W resistors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.