Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what to do anymore. I stick cardboard under it and it still vibrates!!!!!! i cant stand it anymore. please someone tell me they have figured something out?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Details, you're assuming everybody knows about your problem.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
That vibrating DOME! UGHHHH. Doesn't everyone have this annoying problem.
Thread title says headlamp and now you are writing about Dome light????

My dome light is fine so is my headlamps. No problem here.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Thread title says headlamp and now you are writing about Dome light????

My dome light is fine so is my headlamps. No problem here.
yeah he seems confused.....buttface in real life....jeeze.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Well lets give him a chance to explain and give some details, maybe drink an other beer.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Cheers. Lol
Im guessing dome light. Lots of people with subs complain about it. I wish I could remember the fix I once stumbled across. But never been a problem for me, so I just skimmed it. Its on one of the five cobalt forums I frequent, or used to. Css, gmsc.n, yc, ecotecf.com or ccf. Sorry I can't be more help.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I wish I had a dome light some times. You can remove it and I'll use it!

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I just folded a tiny piece of cardboard and shoved it in the crack between dome light and plastic. It has been working well for over a year now.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just folded a tiny piece of cardboard and shoved it in the crack between dome light and plastic. It has been working well for over a year now.
yes this is want im talking about. Sorry i meant dome.I have a coupe lt so it has the subs in the trunk but i do that same thing and that only works for a few days and then the vibrations starts coming back. My dome has so much paper inside. I guess i'll put some more and see..... i heard a guy talking about using Dynamat but i don't which one or how to use it.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
yes this is want im talking about. Sorry i meant dome.I have a coupe lt so it has the subs in the trunk but i do that same thing and that only works for a few days and then the vibrations starts coming back. My dome has so much paper inside. I guess i'll put some more and see..... i heard a guy talking about using Dynamat but i don't which one or how to use it.
Dynamat/Fatmat won't help for the dome light.....I took my whole headliner off and did fatmat behind it on the interior roof metal, made a big difference but not for dome light shaking. I put ONE single folded cardboard in the dome light crack (folded real tight) and it hasn't shook in over a year so you must be doing it wrong? Just take all the paper pieces out and put one small folded piece of cardboard in there real tight. You can barely even notice that there's paper inside mine :p

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Have you considered changing your dome light to an LED instead. I know mine doesn't rattle and it has 4 little rubber bumpers on the circuit board I imagine in case it does come in contact with something. Better white light too. And this picture was take during the day.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.