Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my cobalt will die and not start at times and I've found out it's due to a tape job and not using a harness. It's all corroded, but I have no clue what the part is called to fix it if it's an easy fix for me. Here's a vid please help it's our only car

·
Registered
249 Posts
Battery cable? That’s a battery cable in the trunk by the looks of it. Why is there a wire attached? Is it bypassing something?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have no idea and I'm not a mechanic so I would have a clue, but it runs to the positive side.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Have you removed the tape or wire loom to see what’s inside yet? I bet someone has twisted the wires together or something silly. If that’s the case they have compromised the wire and it’s likely losing connection.

I wonder why it’s looped around like that. Very weird and something I’d suspect someone that didn’t know how to repair the wire may have done. Also the wire looks quite small to be used as a battery cable unless it’s a power wire for something small. Even an amp for subwoofers will need a larger power wire.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've forgotten about it for being so busy. I'll check it today after I buy duct tape. The car has no sub woofer. So like I said I have no clue what it's about. I'm afraid to undo it and can't re do it lol. I might try to get wire nuts too lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have no idea that the wire is to, but I cut off the connector/harness and connected it with a wire nut and its fine now. Still love to know what the wire is to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts