Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the fuel system cleaned out last week (the $160 service) at the chevy dealership last week thursday and just about an hour ago the car set off the check engine light. It is showing the code P0172. Went to autozone to find out this is due to a rich or lean fuel trim condition. Could this be from the fuel system cleaning? The car hasnt had the check engine light come on at all since I bought it new and now all of a suddent it goes on.

·
Registered
73 Posts
This is a prime example of why you should never let dealers touch your car other than for a recall or required service. For $5 bucks you could have did this yourself with STP or other brand name fuel injector cleaners on your next fuel up and been way ahead of the game. When you take it back in they are going to try to say your problem is unrelated to what you had done and try to charge you $$$$ to fix it and thus begins the endless cycle of return trips to the dealer till your pockets are emptied... I see this happen all the time, when they call me up I just tell them as politely as possible: no thanks, not interested...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its like damn though I called them up and they said it could be the bank 1 O2 sensor. Not to mention it hesitates. Well if they say its the o2 sensor im just going to say ok and fix it myself. Its not like its a hard task to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.