Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mentioned this in my product testing thread, but it appears its a different problem than I thought.

I thought my car might be "dieseling" where the carbon deposits in the engine get hot enough to maintain combustion even after the ignition is turned off. What I realized is actually happening now is the car doesnt turn off until I open my door, turning off all electronics. Even if I remove the key it will keep running and I can rev the engine.

The only electrical change I made recently is replacing my dvd player in the car with a cd player. I also replaced the spark plugs.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You may have crossed the rap power with ignition voltage. Unplug your radio and see.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I don't know a ton about the electronics, but it does kinda sound like you may have crossed some wires. It seems like if the engine shuts off with the radio when the door is opened, wires may have been crossed.

Let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Youre probably right although Im not sure where I screwed up since things were plainly labeled and color coded even. Ill have to pull everything out to look for any errors.

Aside from having to make sure my car turns off, is there any damage that could be done because of this?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wasnt able to unhook everything since Im at work, but I did start up my car and when I turned it off it no longer stayed on til I opened my door. It went back to running for about 4-5 seconds and then dying.

Think it could still be the crossed wires?

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
I wasnt able to unhook everything since Im at work, but I did start up my car and when I turned it off it no longer stayed on til I opened my door. It went back to running for about 4-5 seconds and then dying.

Think it could still be the crossed wires?
Hey GpB311,

We see you're trying to get this taken care of, but that you're having some trouble. If you think it would be helpful to have a GM Certified dealership take a look at this we'd be more than happy to help. If interested, please feel free to private message us your VIN, mileage, full contact information, and preferred dealer.

Thanks,
Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.