Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, my car has two issues that I am trying to resolve.

1st. The car pulls to the left. I had it aligned twice, checked air pressure, new tires, and all suspension looks good. Cars been in and out of the dealer since I got it. I dont know where else to turn. Different dealer maybe?

2nd. The car has a rattling noise that comes from some place in the interior. I think its under the passenger dash, or in the passenger door. Doesn't make the noise some days, does other. Does not appear to be related to the blower motor. Took the trim off and felt everything I can. This is driving me CRAZY.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I am ready to just trade the bitch in and get a Fiesta if I cant get this stuff figured out. I drive 140 miles day, last thing I want is two small problems like this.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Put a 75 lb. counter weight on the passinger side floor & crank up the radio. No worries!!

---------- Post added at 06:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

Just kiddin.........

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts
The rattle is probably the famed steering column rattle.

·
Registered
252 Posts
1. Could be torque steer, whatever the diff is set up like on these cars seems to be bad for that, but it's a given on pretty much any economy car with decent go. Does it happen when you accelerate vs. when you're cruising?

2. Check the glove box, mine rattles a bit. Only some times though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Steering pull happens when I am cruising, not Tq steer.

Its like its a crappy alignment.

When they "fixed" my recalled power steering motor is when it happened. Does that make any sense?

The rattle is deff on the passenger side.

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts
Maybe your steering wheel isn't centered anymore...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wish I lived closer cuz I would let you drive the car and see what I am talking about.

Gonna call the dealer...AGAIN.

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts
Just bring it over to Woodward since you missed it last weekend. :p

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha I might have to do that.

Just rotated my tires since I hadnt did that yet with the new ones.

Maybe it will help? Who knows.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I tracked down an elusive rattle to my passenger visor. If it's not clipped in all the way it'll drive you mad. Not saying that's your magic bullet, but give it a check.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
My car pulls as well, had an alignment check and TPMS checked out 34psi all around. Could it possibly be bad tq steering or horrible design flaw?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
If they performed the powersteering recall and it still does it after the intermediate shaft is replaced then it could be that the powersteering rack itself was not properly centered and lined up. Have someone sit in the car and hold the steering wheel straight ( or wrap the seatbelt around it and buckle it in tight so it does not move). Before to mark each component so they line back up correctly. Remove the intermediate shaft. Grasp the splines with something that will not damage them but can hold onto it without causing damage. Count how many turns it takes the rack to turn all the way left. Then bring the wheels centered again. Repeat the same step while going to the right. Bring the wheels back to center and connect the intermediate shaft. Be sure the steering wheel is still straight while doing so. Perform alignment to adjust the toe.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still have this problem.

Dealer put in new struts, and new eps motor. Currently has the worst pull ever. Really don't understand how these people can't fix something this "minor".

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Did you get an alignment done? You could have hit good pothole.

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts
Maybe one of your rims is bent...but you'd definitely feel that...

Does it pull, or is the steering wheel just off-center?

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Still have this problem.

Dealer put in new struts, and new eps motor. Currently has the worst pull ever. Really don't understand how these people can't fix something this "minor".
Hello Nascarnate326,

I see you are having quite a few concerns with your vehicle (just commented on your oil leak thread). Have you tried working with Customer Assistance yet? Please send me a private message with more information about your dealership interactions if you would like to do so.

Best,
Sarah
GM Customer Service

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.