Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 Cobalt 2.2 lt. While I'm driving 30-40 mph, the cars revs itself. its tuned up minus the fuel filter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah its an automatic.

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

The rpms bounce. no downshift that im aware of.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i have an 07 Ls manual with the 2.2 and the other day I started mine and it revved itself up a few times for a time frame of about 10 seconds between 1 to 1.5k rpms but after that it was fine and drove fine with no other rpm problems, it has happened 1 other time after that the same day but it hasn't since

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have an 07 Ls manual with the 2.2 and the other day I started mine and it revved itself up a few times for a time frame of about 10 seconds between 1 to 1.5k rpms but after that it was fine and drove fine with no other rpm problems, it has happened 1 other time after that the same day but it hasn't since
Mine does it all the time. Its annoying especially driving in the city.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had that problem with mine. Also, it would die when I was turning or even at an idle sometimes. I cleaned the throtle body really good and it hasn't done it since.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Clean your MAF sensor, also clean your TB.
both take a couple of minutes...

·
Registered
44 Posts
mine does this as well at slower speeds i wonder what it could be every day on my way to work because i go through two 30 mph zones a 15 mph school zone and a 35 mph zone, and i have no idea what it could be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.