Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so my buddies car is running rough it sounds like its misfiring I hooked up my scan thing through my laptop and check misfires and it wasn't reading any... I erased the old codes thinking they had something to do with it and the only thing that came back was a pending p0010... He has a 09 lt I belive is the model I think it has a 2.2...... So he is what's goin through my head he hasn't changed the plugs for about 3 yrs so they need replacing I'm gonna pull em tommorow and see how they look... Also I heard the lap engines are known for dirty oil and messing with the camshaft sensors so where goin to runner a cleaner through it then change the oil... He says it only runs like crap sometimes like its a hit and miss same with the code comming and disappearing... So what r ur guys thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If it has close to 50 000 miles clean the throttle body.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so we changed the sensor because it came up again after being cleared and it is still comming on with the new one in.. what is the prob here? i also noticed in the DTC part it is in the as permanent and cant be cleared.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
It can be cleared, just need a tuner to clear it for you. And you could hard reset the computer by unhooking it for 20 minutes. That will reset it for you.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
When you clean the throttle body, what do you do?
Take it off and clean with a tooth brush? And is there a certain torque they bolts have to be tightened too?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.