Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i brake my car scrubs the rotor or brakes I’m not sure which one but I’ve changed damn near everything on this car and can’t figure it out can somebody please help me

·
Registered
494 Posts
Believe it or not I have had a vehicle come into the shop where they’ve had new brake pads installed. Seems to make a scraping sound while braking. Turned out one of the brake pads was installed backward, with the metal backing installed towards the rotor. Actually have seen it more than a few times now over the years.

First thing would be to find out when this problem started. Did it start after doing a regular brake job that was done because of worn out brake pads? Or was it doing this before initially replacing any parts?

Also by scrubbing, are you talking about a scraping noise? Perhaps a sounds of something rubbing while the brakes are applied.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It’s more like a thumping noise when brakes are applied but I don’t wanna let it go i was going to get everything fixed it just can’t keep putting money into this car it’s not leading me anywhere but stuck at phase one all over again .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts