Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it started happening a couple months ago, i don't know what it could be but whenever im driving il hit around 90 km/h and my balt will start shaking and rattling and then after i go onto 100 it stops.

It only seems to happen around 90 km/h too, i'd really appreicate some suggestions as well sometimes i gotta cruise at 90 and it makes it unbearable -.-

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
cruise at 89

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Just kidding...

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Does it shake when you press your brakes too?
Jack up your car and shake the tire from left to right, if it moves at all you need wheel bearings

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
might need a balance?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
a weight probably fell off one or more of your wheels. Normally tire wear will cause the shake to get worse the faster you go.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Rebalance your tires.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I believe you have a bad control arm bushing. When I got my Cobalt I noticed the shake/rattle on the highway going +65MPH. Jack up the front of your car and try gently tightening one of the lug nuts. If the wheel mount seems to shake or "shift" abnormally then investigate the bushing located on the back of the arm. If it seems to be pushed out or crushed than you best replace it. Pain in the butt DIY repair, but totally worth the effort. Heres more info--- http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/3cgad-06-cobalt-left-front-control-arm-bushing.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.