Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did do a search and found some ideas but am hoping for some more 411.

New tires and rotation the car still pulls to the left. 2 alignments with small adjustments and still pulls to the left. It's not torque steer because It's noticeable on the freeway when cruising. Even at 70mph with c/c. Any ideas?? :thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
Haha, honestly mine pulls left too. I probably do need a very slight alignment, but I know its not all alignment. If its very slight like mine, i wouldn't worry too much. As long as the tires are wearing properly then you should be fine.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
What about the rotor color. Is one darker than the other (where the pads contact)? If you turn, how easily does your wheels return to straight?

·
Registered
266 Posts
What about the rotor color. Is one darker than the other (where the pads contact)? If you turn, how easily does your wheels return to straight?
im thinking the same, if im right in assuming lol, it might be a stuck caliper. its very rare and usually youll notice but it can happen.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
After a drive feel your wheel. They should be equally hot. Whichever is hottest, pull the whelk off and take off the caliper. Now try pushing in the piston. I just use a huge pair of pliers

Sent from the sexy electrician

·
Registered
91 Posts
Has the car been wrecked in the past? My cobalt when aligned to spec pulls to the left but if the caster on drivers side is + some it doesn't

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Probably a stupid question, but are the tires properly inflated?
Not a stupid question at all but my tires are always properly inflated.

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

The rotors seem to be the same color. The wheel returns pretty easy. Lets .just say that my car can do a normal safe lane change.

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

Come to think about it, I had a similar problem. Right front caliper would sometimes stick and the car would pull right and decelerate quicker when off the throttle. Pumping the brakes would loosen it up. Check the slider pins and lube them up if necessary.
I think I'll lube the slide pins just in case.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Has the car been wrecked in the past? My cobalt when aligned to spec pulls to the left but if the caster on drivers side is + some it doesn't
No record on a wreck but they're not always reported. I'm the 3rd owner. First it was a rental then 2 private owners after that then me.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

After a drive feel your wheel. They should be equally hot. Whichever is hottest, pull the whelk off and take off the caliper. Now try pushing in the piston. I just use a huge pair of pliers

Sent from the sexy electrician
good idea. I'll try that later on today.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have you tried rotating front tires side-to-side to see if it may be a radial pull from tires? Otherwise, triple check your steering wheel and make sure all measurements are accurate.

Went through a similar issue with mine pulling right, after 3 alignments and tweaking the front end, I found out with my steering wheel dead straight the emblem was a smudge crooked which was the cause all along of my car pulling.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you tried rotating front tires side-to-side to see if it may be a radial pull from tires? Otherwise, triple check your steering wheel and make sure all measurements are accurate.

Went through a similar issue with mine pulling right, after 3 alignments and tweaking the front end, I found out with my steering wheel dead straight the emblem was a smudge crooked which was the cause all along of my car pulling.
I don't think an off-centered steering wheel will cause a pull. I've rotated the tires and got the car aligned. Still pulls the same.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

I greased the slide pins on the brake calibers and no difference. The last time I got the car aligned I do remember the tech telling me the front motor mount is bad causing the car to pull. I don't believe it's true. When I got home I checked the mounts, motor and trans, and the mounts seem good. I'm just lost on this. Since the pull is to the left, therefor I'm kinds like steering right, sometimes the car will go right all of a sudden.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just got an alignment on mine and they asked me if the car pulls to the right. I told them that I didn't notice anything and then they said that the caster it's a bit of and they can't do to much to change it because it's not adjustable. The solution will be to replace the struts.

Maybe is the same problem with yours...

·
Registered
589 Posts
Subd. I just changed out shocks/struts/springs, hubs, calipers/rotors/pads, and got an alignment. Car still pulls left. I'm going to check tire pressure, rotate the fronts and verify I don't have a sticky caliper. Otherwise, I'm not sure why mine still pulls. It didn't before swapping all these parts.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.