Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So this past weekend my brother decided to put a new stereo (head unit) in my mom's car (07 cobalt LT) after he attempts it I get a call from my mom saying her car won't start. So when I get over there I decided to put the factory stereo back into place instead of the new one and come to find our he chopped both of the plugs on the stereo. In the process of cutting the wires to the plugs he nipped them right at the end of the plug leaving the plugs useless for installation of the old stereo. So I bought a repair harness and wired it up accordingly and the car still doesn't start. He told me that he unplugged the negative post on the battery. So I did some research and found out that the bcm (body control module) lost the value of the voltage the ignition gives off to the anti-theft module so I tried doing a 10 min relearn and that didn't work. And know I am here asking you guys for your help any suggestion is available for trial. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I'd get a new harness at that point, tell your brother he a ****ing retard for not buying a $5 harness.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did I got a repair harness and wired it up accordingly and that didn't work. I may also throw in that when you stick the key in the ignition the key gets locked in the ignition.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I was saying entire new harness as in everything controlled from the BCM, either that or dealer, but it should be cheap from a junk yard just time consuming to install.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Check all fuses including the BCM one in the trunk.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A common problem on the cobalts and hhrs is the shifter not being able to read that it is in the park position and when that happens the key has to stay in the on or acc position that runs the battery down. Getting the shifter replaced should fix it if that is the problem. You can get the key to release though..there is a little small panel on the bottom side of the steering column..there is a little small 'button' inside that hole all you have to do is press it and the key will come out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.