Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its happened twice now, my car wont turn over but when i turn the key into th0e on position, the batter resets (i know this because my radio resets)....
I noticed today that the plastic door cover to my pos post was open...so i dont know if something in the trunk kept shorting it out or what, or is this another famous cobalt problem....

Also, to get it started ive been opening the hood and pressing on the maf sensor....pressing it tighter onto its adapter....once i close the hood the car wilk start...so i dont know whats happening...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Its happened twice now, my car wont turn over but when i turn the key into th0e on position, the batter resets (i know this because my radio resets)....
I noticed today that the plastic door cover to my pos post was open...so i dont know if something in the trunk kept shorting it out or what, or is this another famous cobalt problem....

Also, to get it started ive been opening the hood and pressing on the maf sensor....pressing it tighter onto its adapter....once i close the hood the car wilk start...so i dont know whats happening...
I have to second that motion that the MAF sensor won't cause the engine not to turn over. Sounds to me there is a short somewhere from the battery/starter relay/starter to cause it not to turn over. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Have the same problem. Have not found a solution yet. It may be that after it rains water gets into the fuse box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.