Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know where i can get carbon fiber boties. for the front and back.
not the decal stuff i already have that on the front but i want something legit.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
search around on ebay, they pop up every so often. i havnt found a place that makes real ones, only seen em on ebay.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no i know like the whole decal n all that but i want like real carbon fiber
i found one guy on some hhr fourm who does it
but i cant pm him unless i pay which its about 30 bux or something

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
^^ yeah impulse baller does them. but he told me id have mine about 6 months ago.... there still not ready.

hes been real busy with stuff. but you never know shoot him a pm

·
Banned
384 Posts
boWties =)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Carbon fiber. Too played out. Hoods, wings, roof scoops, engine covers, side skirts, trim panels, and now bowties. Real legit.

·
Banned
384 Posts
lol other than cobaltkrazy, who else has cf hood scoops? ^^^

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i see wrx's with carbon fiber hood scoopsall the time. and theres nothiong ricers love more then CF.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah impulse baller said give him a month or so
i might just take my bowtie off and paint it black with the silver outline.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
^^ honestly i think that looks better. i dont really like the cfr, i was going to get one fro impulseballer, cause hes close by, (only about 20 mins away) and im too lazy to paint my bowtie black. but it definatly looks better painted.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah i think im just going to paint it black with the silver outline. so what you just sand it with high grade sand paper than spray how many coats of spray paint? 1? or like 3?
than after do you use clear coat or just leave it

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
yeah sand it at least 2 coats and a clear coat. not to hard.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah i painted my bowtie just a little while ago
i taped up the silver and did one coat of black paint with gloss mixed in already.
going to do another coat tomorrow morning let it dry and put it on tomorrow night.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
nice post up pics if yu can, i wanna see how it came out.

·
Banned
292 Posts
i see wrx's with carbon fiber hood scoopsall the time. and theres nothiong ricers love more then CF.
since when is carbon fiber a ricer thing... isn't it the cheap apc carbon fiber or carbon fiber vinyl or black painted hoods that are ricer...

true carbon fiber i have no problem with nor do i think its ricey... the term rice has really gone down the shitter these days anything that YOU don't like is not rice, its just your opinion... rice is not defined in the way your describing.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah my friend did it for me since we did it at his house lastnight. he did a coat lastnight at like 9 ish than another one at 3am. than he did a clear coat earlier this afternoon it doesnt look bad. if you move it, it looks scaley sorta like leather. im just waiting for it to fully dry since when you touch it now its like tacky and you can leave fingerprints on it so im going to wait till its fully dry and can touch it without leaving any marks on it than im going to put it on my car but other than that it came out good.
i need a few opinions. i kinda want to do the same to the back one i think. should i take it off and do what i did for the front than use 3mm tape to put it back on. or should i tape up my trunk n paint it right on the trunk using maby 1 coat. or should i just fully take the badge off? and just leave cobalt ls on

·
Banned
292 Posts
yeah my friend did it for me since we did it at his house lastnight. he did a coat lastnight at like 9 ish than another one at 3am. than he did a clear coat earlier this afternoon it doesnt look bad. if you move it, it looks scaley sorta like leather. im just waiting for it to fully dry since when you touch it now its like tacky and you can leave fingerprints on it so im going to wait till its fully dry and can touch it without leaving any marks on it than im going to put it on my car but other than that it came out good.
i need a few opinions. i kinda want to do the same to the back one i think. should i take it off and do what i did for the front than use 3mm tape to put it back on. or should i tape up my trunk n paint it right on the trunk using maby 1 coat. or should i just fully take the badge off? and just leave cobalt ls on

debadge FTW! just my opinion tho. looks clean.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah. looks sweet!
but i do have to do something to the back since it would look sorta weird with a black badge in the front and a gold one in the back
i think i might take the back off and take the ls off and just leave cobalt.
because if you take the back badge off and paint it theres no way in hell your going to get it in the same position it was in before you took it off. unless you like marked it

so to de badge the bowtie you heat it up with a blow drier than use something like fishing line inbetween it to get it off the trunk. than you use what one, goo gone or goof off
some one told me one of them works a lot better.

and the shorty antenna looks awesome
im going to order one this week when i get paid
how do you take the antenna off?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.