[/IMG]
[/IMG]

the eyelids i did before were to big so i decided to shorten them

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
450 Posts
is this all real carbon wrapped? if so where did you get all the material? i've been trying to find all the stuff to start doing some carbon wrapping.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got all my stuff on eBay. And yeah it's wrapped. 2x2 twill Carbon fiber

·
Registered
450 Posts
thanks ima, what i'm really looking for is like a complete starters kit with the carbon fabric and resin and all. i just wanna try my hand at wrapping stuff and if it comes out good then i'll move up to bigger more detailed pieces.

·
Registered
450 Posts
yeah carbon is pretty expensive and for no real reason aside from demand now. it costs nearly nothing to produce it but you have to have the equipment and know how.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Ah that's new. Looks great man!

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Yeah he's got a pretty nice looking interior.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
But I'm learning tho. I'm redoing the trim. I ended up buying a second trim from impulse. Btw it's been more than a week

·
Registered
673 Posts
Damn!!!!!! That sites expensive! You gotta do ur searches a little better. So many other sites with lower prices
I don't get my carbon there, I just pointed him to a place where he can get supplies. I get my carbon locally. for 26$ a yard. I'm not a fan of buying carbon online because I like to see it first to insure everything is intact and the way it should be. I saw some ebay stuff not long ago that the weave was fubar on and the ends were now sewn so it was all frayed. The yard the guy ordered turned out to be about 6 inches short all around of actual usable cloth.

Fibre Glast does have some awesome Poly Resins though that really help minimize air bubbles.
-----Added 10 Apr 2009 at 12:52:04-----
thanks ima, what i'm really looking for is like a complete starters kit with the carbon fabric and resin and all. i just wanna try my hand at wrapping stuff and if it comes out good then i'll move up to bigger more detailed pieces.
for resin get surfboard resin to start out with. It's called "Ding All". It's super cheap and is great for your first couple attempts because it works easy and costs next to nothing. Don't get a starter kit because you are just paying for the convince of a starter kit.

You just gave me a great idea though. :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
uh oh ima's gonna start wrappin carbon. once i get into it i'll be postin pics of my work.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.