Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any extra carbon fiber style wrap? I'm wrapping my dash peices and door handle peices.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
You will regret thinking you could do the door handles. Why do you think I only have my trim done? And that was a bitch and a half to get it all to line up, not to mention the radio trim (fml on wrapping that). Just fore warning you to prepare for spending a lot of time. I highly suggest hydro dip if you can find/afford it, that is my next project for the winter if I dont get it done this year.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Depends on the company and location. I plan on spending around $100 to do my trim at least. But it turns out much better and you have a better selection to choose from.

Dont get me wrong, you CAN do it with the wrap. Mine look good I think for what it is. But it's really difficult to get right and it can bubble, peel, etc. just better to do it right the first time IMO.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Do a google search and call the companies around you and look at the options for what you can get done. It's amazing and a bit overwhelming if you dont know what you want specifically.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Depends on the company and location. I plan on spending around $100 to do my trim at least. But it turns out much better and you have a better selection to choose from.

Dont get me wrong, you CAN do it with the wrap. Mine look good I think for what it is. But it's really difficult to get right and it can bubble, peel, etc. just better to do it right the first time IMO.
Lets trade trim then. Il take your cf wrapped and you can have my stock:)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
That might not be a bad idea come next winter. That way I dont have to clean off the adhesive. I'll probably post that when it's time to take it off!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Sorry man. More important parts to be spending money on right now. If it works or later into the Summer that i can get it done I'll let you know.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have rolls of carbon fiber vinyl. its super easy to work with if you have a heat gun. It'll pretty much mold itself on there and just some stretching around the curves and corners,the only pain in the rump were my side mirrors but everything else was cake even my bowties. I got four rolls of 60"x40" thought about doing a lot more but don't wanna be too ricey.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Just get G5 GT dash trim you nubz.

:)

G5

It's after all the colored stuff.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Not seeing a carbon fiber look. It just looks black. Iv ordered stuff from them that's "carbon fiber" look and I was very disappointed, I never even put them on

195 is a rip off

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
It's the same dash kit that was in my old lady's G5.

It looks just like CF.

Trust me.

In fact; it is still for sale and here is the link...check out the dash pics.

2009 Pontiac G5 GT, $11,981 - Cars.com

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
If you care to look though; just search for a G5 within 30 miles, no max price from zip code 64119.

It's the white one at Randy Reed for $11,981.

Regardless...I agree. Shouldn't be more than $50...max. Just pieces of plastic.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I don't like that look the carbon fiber g5 dash. Looks worse than the dinoc stuff. Plus it's too expensive

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.