Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to order a strut tower brace pretty soon, but I was curious on the different types of material they use to make them. What is the difference between the carbon steel bars (i.e.- DC Sports, Cobalt-Addiction, Ark, etc) and the billet aluminum bars (i.e.- MRZ, Cobalt-Addiction, etc). I was looking into the DC Sports bar if I can still find one.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for the input, but I should have asked is if one is stronger the other as far as material goes not the performance or looks of the bar itself. My grandfather told me that carbon steel is stronger than billet aluminum, but I wanted feedback from this forum to see if you guys agree.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Strength-wise carbon steel is stronger then aluminum...but for the strut bar location either is sufficient. The Shock towers are welded to the firewall so they are pretty strong without a strut bar to begin with.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I think I'll go with the DC Sports if I can find one or the Cobalt-Addiction version of it, but I can't get in touch with them. Does anyone have a problem contacting or ordering with them? Thanks for the info guys!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Yep, honestly on these cars, strut bars don't make much of a difference.. Just choose one for looks.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
ALL you need to know is three letters..... MRZ... Best I've seen!!

GTO 1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.