Located In: Oklahoma City, OK

Factory Features:

- Black Exterior with Charcoal and Red Interior
- G85 Performance Package
- Sunroof
- OnStar
- Low Rise Spoiler

Mod Path / Philosophy:

- Stop. Turn. Go.... In that order with other improvements thrown in here and there along the way.
- Function over Form (Hence the Lack of Stance).
- Keep it Simple. Keep it Clean.

Brake Bits:

- R1 Concepts Rear Rotors
- Hawk HPS Rear Brake Pads
- FTP Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
- ATE Super Blue Dot 4 Brake Fluid

Suspension Setup:

- Pedders Springs
- Koni Yellow Adjustable Rear Shocks
- Air Lift 1000 Load Assist Rear Spring Kit with Filling Valve Tucked Behind the Rear Bumper
- Moog Front End Links
- Powell Race Shop XXX Rear Sway Bar
- OTTP (Over The Top Performance) Rotated Transmission Mounts
- OTTP Steering Rack Spacers

Engine Upgrades:

- Cruise Control On = GMS1 19psi Factory Upgrade Tune
- Cruise Control Off = Custom Trifecta 24psi Tune
- Cry02 Intercooler Water Sprayer / Spray Button Hidden Behind the Coin Tray Door / Tank in the Trunk
- K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake
- K&N DryCharger
- ZZP Increased Clearance Intercooler
- ZZP Hot Side Charge Pipe
- ZZP 3” Catless Downpipe
- MPX (Modern Performance) Cat Back Exhaust with Resonator and Muffler
- MPX Glossy Red Powder Coated Valve Cover
- MPX Catch Can

Interior Improvements:

- TWM Performance Short Throw Shifter
- TWM Shifter Cable Clamp
- TWM Performance Aluminum Base Bushings
- One-Of-A-Kind Acetal Copolymer (Extremely Heat and Cold Resistant) Shift Knob. Handmade by WC Lathe Werks.
- Installed Armrest
- DUAL Double DIN CD Receiver Featuring USD, iPod and SanDisk Ports
- SiriusXM Premium Lifetime Membership
- Replaced steering wheel emblem with a 1978 “SPEED” tin jacket button from the UK made by artist Derek Riggs. This button predates the Iron Maiden "Eddie" artwork for which the artist is best known.
- Vinyl Inlaid Dashboard SS Badge
- Black Base Model HVAC and Radio Bezel (Not Pictured)

Exterior Alterations:

- 25% Tint
- Blacked Out Depo Projector Headlamps
- Nokya Arctic White Bulbs
- Painted Chevrolet Badges
- Vinyl Inlaid SS Badges
- Red Hella Supertone Horns Tucked Behind the Upper Grill
- ARK Performance Shorty Antenna
- Painted Inner Portion of Rotors Black with Char-Broil High Temperature Grill Paint
- Half-Sized Front Glossy Black License Plate on Modified Plate Bracket
- "LOSER" Vanity Plate
- Now wingless (not pictured)

Wheels and Tires:

- 5x114.3 Bolt Pattern Conversion
- Timken Hubs
- ARP Racing Wheel Studs
- Muteki SR48 Chrome Vanadium Open-Ended Extended Lug Nuts in Black

FALL and WINTER Wheel Setup:
(Poke + Wheel Gap = Aestetic Suicide.... According to some. I get that.)

- ADVAN Racing Shiny Black with Deep Chrome Lip RG-D “Replica/Fake” Wheels in 18x9 with a +35 offset and a 5x114.3 Bolt Pattern
- Continental Extreme Contact DWS (Dry Wet Snow) All Season Tires Size P235/35/R18
- Custom Motorsport Tech Hub Centric 8mm Spacers Up Front (Essentially Making the Offset +27 on the Front Wheels)
- Tire Rack Aluminum High Heat Hub Centric Rings in the Rear
- TPMS Installed with Polished Rebuild/Service Kit

SPRING and SUMMER Wheel Setup:
(Nearly everyone hates these wheels. I get that too).

- ARK Design Shining Silver R8 Wheels in 18x8.5 with a +35 offset and a 5x114.3 Bolt Pattern
- Nitto NT05 Max Performance Tires Size P245/40/R18
- Tire Rack Aluminum High Heat Hub Centric Rings All Around
- TPMS Installed

Accomplishments Include:

- First Place Domestic Sport Compact at Import Face Off September 9, 2012
- Dynoed 300.19 HP and 359.16 TQ
- ¼ Time of 13.601 Seconds at 105.86 MPH with a 2.261 60ft (Driver Mod Needed)

Future Plans:

- ZZP ZFR
- ZZP Cams
- ZZP Valve Springs
- YYZ Springs
- Obligatory Clutch Upgrade
- Better Pics (Still Practicing / Learning)

Slide Show / Video:

Winter Wheel Setup:

Summer Wheel Setup:

Engine Bay:

Interior:

Other Images:

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
That car just messed up my boxers...

:) thanks lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
How much time do you spend waxing your car and what kind of wax is that?
I try to wax it once a month. Sometimes it goes two or three though. It's always in the garage and doesn't sit in the sun too long and rarely sees bad weather.

First I go to the car was and spray the car with the soap and water to get most of the dirt off. Then I hand was it using a soap by Armor All. Then I dry it off with a towel. Then I use Meguiar's ultimate liquid wax. Then I use a black detailer spray by Turtle Wax. Then I spray on some wheel shine stuff.

That's pretty much it. I'm always sure to use a new bucket of soap and water about half way through washing the car. I use a different sponge for rims. I use only new cotton towels for waxing (usually three). After drying the outside of the car, I use the damp towel on the inside windows, dash display, radio, inside of the sunroof, etc. Basically any place I don't want to use the Armor All wipes. I use the Armor all wipes only on the hard plastic stuff.

Oh yeah, there's also this stuff from Meguiar's called Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer. I use this on the grills and all the plastic stuff under the hood.

This is my first black car. What a freaking pain to keep it clean. I have found that if you clean it really good and wax it and so forth, that it will stay really clean if you use a California Car Duster whenever you see dust on the surface. That thing works! When the rims get dusty, I just hit them with a half wet/half dry towel. I wipe them down with the wet half and dry them with the dry half.

I don't know if this is the best stuff or not. I may be doing it wrong but it seems to work. It's just stuff I liked after trying a few things that can be found at AutoZone or Wal-Mart.

It looks clean and shiny in the photos but if you get up close and in the light it has swirl marks and there's a small door ding on the passenger door and there are some scratches on the bumpers and so forth.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
nice pics!, it says you were gonna trade for a wingless on the OP, never got it? would look badass

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
nice pics!, it says you were gonna trade for a wingless on the OP, never got it? would look badass
Eww, no I don't like the looks of the 2dr balts with no wings... they look hideous.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
no way jose! they are sex!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Wow. That is one fine car. Great job.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks guys.

I'm supposed to trade for the wingless any day now. There was a wingless base model on Craigslist. I messaged the seller and asked to swap. She said she didn't care. Then I was going to swap but she sold the car. She told the new owner I wanted to swap and he said he would like to do the swap. So he and I have been texting. Just trying to figure out a good time and place to meet up.

Hopefully this weekend.

Some people don't like the look but I think it makes the car look a little lower and wider without the wing. Plus it obstructs my view a little. Besides, there are a ton of guys wanting to swap low and high rise trunks for wingless so if I change my mind it shouldn't be hard to go back to a winged trunk

Some drag strip pics (below). It's weird but my best time has been 13.6 at 105 yet when I was racing this MS3 I ran 14.25 at 106. 60's are all over the place. Need more practice.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Definately like the wingless better. I'll be in OK this winter, would love to see this beauty if you are available.

The difference in 1/4 time is probably due to your shifting in the lower gears. Happens to the best of us!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Man, everytime I look at your car, it reminds me of Sid's car. Wish he was still around on the forums to update us again, but here was his car (might give you some good ideas for yours too:

http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/vehicle-showoff/13155-black-bullet-2009-ss-tc-new-baltimore-michigan.html
Okay. Sid's car is amazing. LOL. There are some similarities. His car just looks "meaner" than mine. My car really looked like his when I had black/silver center caps and lugs on my stock wheels. I think I'll look into getting those headlamp shade thingies. If anyone can pm me a link or something for a place that has quality ones, I'd appreciate it.

Definately like the wingless better. I'll be in OK this winter, would love to see this beauty if you are available.

The difference in 1/4 time is probably due to your shifting in the lower gears. Happens to the best of us!
I don't think I'll get in the 12s without breaking something so I gave up on trying to beat the 13.6-13.9 times.

I think the trunk trade guy is flaking on me. Bummer. I'll find another.

I'm in OKC. If you're staying anywhere near here, we can definitely meet up. I know a whopping two other Cobalt guys in town. ha ha. There are tons of Subaru, Honda, Mustang, etc. guys we can hang out with also.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Lol, I need to head to Lawton for family, but maybe we were wanting to spends a day in a hotel away. Maybe we will start in OKC and meet up for a bit. I'll pm ya when we get tickets.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
You can hit 12s without breaking things. Launch your car around 2500 rpms, nlts in all your gears and have your tire pressure set to about 22psi. You will have better 60 fts, lower trap speeds bit faster 1/4 times.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.