Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 06 2.2 with no engine mods or exhaust or anthing...threw a CEL that said lean exhaust code (dont have the actual # as i was at work and had a buddy run it to autozone to read it for free) any idea where to start? maybe the cat or a possible exhaust leak somewhere? i have no clue

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Don't make it a big concern unless it's reoccurring. A one-time CEL could be a "fluke". Need the DTC number to even offer a shot-in-the-dark diagnoses. Did Autozone clear the CEL/code and did it come back?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Could be one of many things, could be the downflow O2 sensor in the fritz, could be the Cat, could be a leak in between the downflow and upstream O2 sensors(usually accomodated with a slight audible note change), could be absolutely anything......those are just a few possibilities, could be a computer error or a one-time glitch like cars have???

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the responses guys....yes autozone cleared the code and my friend forgot to ask for the code itself. the tech retrieved it and told him what it meant. the car hasnt been affected as far as performance is concerned so i wasnt too worried about it. if it pops up again i will be sure to get the actual code and go from there :bigsmile:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Don't forget the MAF sensor, could be a remote possibility. The sensor determines how much fuel to use to maintain an AFR of 14.7. If it is dirty and thinks less air is passing through your AFR will be lean. Just in case you get a reoccuring CEL...

·
Registered
139 Posts
I had the same thing happen. Took it to my dealer since its still under warrenty. They said it said it was the purge solenoid valve. They replaced it and the code hasn't come up since.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, cool. the code hasnt popped up since they cleared it at autozone. if it does im taking it to the dealer since mine is covered to 100k and have them look at it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.