Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know what P0100 is, it's related to the circuit malfunction of the MAF. I've tried everything (new filter, new MAF) I only have a couple things left to knock off on the list, but if anyone knows how to take care of this (while avoiding the dealership since they are always "booked") i'd appreciate the help.

New Filter done
New MAF done
Disconnect battery overnight (done but have to reconnect it now lol)
Reinstalling factory bpv spring (take out dejon spring) next
Why can't service manuals be $40 instead of $135

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright. cleared the code. did the battery disconnect reconnect overnight. started it up today, no engine code.......... at first. was having mechanical issue with boost, I already knew the dejon spring was notorious for causing this, so I replaced it with the stock bpv spring. guess what.... start it up, engine code lol. since the mechanical boost issue is gone, i'm assuming it's the same code. I haven't check yet cause I'm updating my programmer, but more than likely that's what it is.

so now i see 4 options
1 it didn't like the reinstall and start up so quick, so just clear it and redo the battery deal
2 it's the same code cause a wire shorted (sucks dealership fix)
3 it's a fuse like someone said to check which i will once i check the code
4.... it's a lame bucket of bolts lol j/k

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i did clear it manually..it just likes to keep popping up... guess i have to wait until Saturday for the horrible services of chevrolet dealerships

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
P0100 P0102 P0103 P0114 P0113 are the five codes I'm not having issues with. I'm guessing a sensor is fried or electrical gremlins. I do not see how it's anything mechanical at this point.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dropped it off at the dealer, got the "dont listen to OnStar speech" lol... and they ordered some parts, not clear what the issue is yet. the car I got to drive around in... 2011 Silverado lol... crew cab.. it's huge..

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i get you think I mean unexplainable when I say gremlin... all i meant was it was electrical, not K&N air filter killed MAF sensor... which I just proved tonight.

Installed Dejon Intake pipe with dry flow filter, reinstalled MAF sensor, reconnected the battery. started her up, got the same -40 degree reading aka "dead signal" ..weird so I let her warm up while the engine like came on, I cleared the code and checked the temperature again, -40... so while staring at the screen and pushing the MAF sensor wires with my finger boom 53 degrees, let off back down to -40. Ah! finally, an answer. Pushed in a little more, gave the wire a different angle (temporary fix until I bring it to the dealer again to stab them in the chest) and the car runs normal with proper readings... plus the intake and filter make the turbo spool and pressure release so much more audible, it's awesome lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.