Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my cel came on the other day. no big deal I figure 100k on it so must have a real problem. reset the light a few times and it always came back right away. even as I was still parked. I got a new valve, put the car on the lift and found the wires had been chewed thru. mouse squirrel who know for sure. anyway I repaired the harness and reset the cel. don't really know if it will reset itself, did not want to wait days for it to do it. took the car for a mile drive and the light stayed off. so I will take the valve back today seems for the moment I don't need it.

so now can anyone tell me should the light go off when that valve is repaired either by a new valve or repairing the harness? thanks bp.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
It will go off on it's own but I can't remember if it's after 3 start-ups or after driving 100 miles without a problem. I will look that up for you.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM
----------

P0449
Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC
• The control module turns OFF the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) after 3 consecutive ignition cycles that the diagnostic runs and does not fail.

• A current DTC, Last Test Failed, clears when the diagnostic runs and passes.

• A history DTC clears after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles, if no failures are reported by this or any other emission related diagnostic.

• Clear the MIL and the DTC with a scan tool.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.