Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why i would be throwing a CEL that says low coolant temperature? My coolant levels are all topped off but my cel keeps coming on?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
It's a warning that your coolant isn't getting hot, not the level of the coolant is low. What does your DIC show the engine temprature is when this message comes on? Could be your thermostat is stuck open.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i have the same code it comes and goes so its either thermestat stuck open or a bad sensor i think its a sensor on mine and i cant take it in i have no warrenty im gonna fix it during thanksgiving when i have free time

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor located on the upper cylinder block -- on the upper right rear corner of the cylinder block -- corner closest to the driver.

What is the DTC code you get? P0??? Also, what does the DIC show your coolant temperature is when you see the message?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
i havent had mine scanned in awhile because it just keeps coming back after they delete it so im not exactly sure. and my car is in the body shop getting somw custom work done so i cant go get the code scanned

i just remember that the guys always told me it was for low coolant or something with the coolant system. the first thing i checked were my fluid levels but they were all fine.

maybe somebody else that has this problem can go get it scanned and write down the code??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Press the "i" button behind the steering wheel to cycle through until coolant temperature is displayed. Report back what it says. This will really help diagnose whether it's the sensor or the thermostat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.